The Best Toaster Oven Saves Time & Money!
What's in the tasty article...
- The Best Toaster Oven Saves Time & Money!
- Top 3 Toaster Ovens Reviews
- General Information about Toaster Ovens
- How to Choose the Best Toaster Oven – Additional Items to Look for in a Toaster Oven
- 6 Quick Tips on How to Save Energy with your Toaster Oven
Are you sick of wasting time and money turning on your traditional oven to bake a simple set of cookies or just to reheat leftovers? There’s nothing worse than heat up the entire kitchen (and maybe the entire house) just to cook a simple recipe in the big and slow oven.
Or maybe, if you are using a microwave oven… Don’t you hate it when the food comes out dried-out, chewy or unevenly-heated?
Well, we have the solution for those problems: a Toaster Oven. This wonderful appliance is like a small oven; it needs only a very small amount of electricity and is ideal for a small meal or a light snack.
Do you want to reheat leftovers really fast? How about cooking bacon in a toaster oven? With a toaster oven, you can do it only in a few minutes. Due to the small interior space, the preheating time of a toaster oven is a lot smaller than the regular oven.
Less time means less use of electricity and less waste of money.
And what about the cooking quality? In one word: Excellent. These machines have heating elements on the top and the bottom of the cooking space, and a rack that you can move up or down depending on what are you cooking.
Small, Fast, Excellent cooking quality, it saves you money and time…
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? DON’T WASTE MORE TIME AND MONEY AND GET A TOASTER OVEN NOW!
All right… so the next thing you are going to do is looking for toaster ovens online on Amazon, the best site for shopping online but… there are literally hundreds of them. And only a few are good enough to pay for. But, before paying for something we personally need to see some reviews of the product to know what people think about it.
What is the best toaster oven in the market?
Is this toaster oven good?
Is that other a bad one?
We think these questions are in the mind of anyone who wants to choose the best toaster oven. You wanna see testimonials, explanation of the features that a toaster oven has, in other words, helpful data to make the smarter decision possible.
That’s why we decided to help you through the process of buying a toaster oven by giving you great reviews. These reviews are made by opinions of people who bought a toaster oven in the past (customer reviews).
So, we choose the top 3 toaster ovens available on the market according to the customers, because we think they are the best choice for you, and if you buy one of them, you’re not going to regret in the future.
If you want the best of something, don’t forget to check out our other reviews like our one on the best meat slicers and the best instant read thermometers. Just click the links to read all about them.
Top 3 Toaster Ovens Reviews
Breville BOV800XL The Smart Oven The Best Toaster Oven available on the market! With more than 450 reviews available on Amazon.com, the Breville BOV800XL is consider the best of the best. Its also a convection oven, and with the Smart IQ Technology, the future of cooking, this is probably the must-have toaster oven. Please, read our extensive review of this product to know more.
Capacity: 6-slice / 13″ pizza
Auto-eject wire rack: Yes
Read Full Review
Breville BOV650XLThe little sister of the Breville BOV800XL, this toaster oven is smaller, has a more compact design and it’s not a convection oven. However, it’s in our opinion the second best option if you can’t afford the Breville BOV800XL or if you only want a good toaster oven. It comes with the Smart IQ Technology, a unique feature available only on Breville ovens. To know more of this technology and the toaster itself, please read our extensive review.
Capacity: 4-slice / 12″ pizza
Auto-eject wire rack: Yes
Read Full Review
Cuisinart TOB-195On the third position we have the Cuisinart TOB-195. This toaster oven is excellent. Is not as good as the first two toaster ovens, but it’s not a bad choice either. Four versatile cooking options, extra-large capacity, a huge discount on Amazon and much more features and benefits make this toaster oven, one of the best choices for your kitchen. To learn more about the Cuisinart TOB-195, please read our review.
Capacity: 6-slice / 12″ pizza
Auto-eject wire rack: Yes
Read Full Review
General Information about Toaster Ovens
An Introduction to Toaster Ovens
For those not familiar to toaster ovens, they are a hybrid between a microwave and a conventional oven and they offer some great additional features to conventional ovens and microwaves. Toaster ovens come in variety of sizes but are normally around the same size as microwave ovens and you will find ranges from all the major kitchenware and electrical appliance manufacturers. Toaster ovens are often known as smart ovens due to the advanced cooking techniques they offer. We want to give you some great tips and provide you with the information so that you know what to look for and how to choose the best toaster oven to meet your needs.
What does a Toaster Oven do?
Toaster ovens come from a number of manufacturers and within each of the manufacturer’s ranges they have toaster ovens with different levels of functionality. When looking at how to choose the best toaster oven you need to look at what your cooking requirements are, this will help you to search for the best toaster oven for you. But first of all, let’s look at some of the features and functions of toaster ovens.
Toaster Oven Functions
As mentioned earlier, different toaster oven models will be have differing levels of functionality depending on the model. The following list is a complete list of functionality which will help with how to choose the best toaster oven; they may differ from model to model.
Toaster oven program functions:
Advanced Toaster Ovens Functions
Some of the more advanced toaster oven models on the market offer some great additional features which can really help when cooking or using the toaster oven. When looking at how to choose the best toaster oven, these often time-saving functions can improve the quality of the cooking and are well worth considering
Individual Heating Elements with Smart Technology
Some of the more advanced toaster oven models have a number of elements to cook and bake the food with and these are controlled by advanced heating technologies which detect and adjust the amount of heat being supplied to the item being cooked, they increase and decrease power which results in more evenly cooked foods.
Many toaster ovens offer pre-set cooking functions for quick operation. The more advanced will allow these settings to be changed and altered so that they match to your personal preferences. For instance, if you like your roast potatoes extra crispy, then you can adjust the pre-set so that the result is extra crispy roast potatoes every time at the correct temperature.
Another great function of the more advanced toaster ovens models, are racks which auto-eject, these are ideal for the easy removal of hot food items like bacon.
Convection cooking is a great time saving function of more advanced toaster models. By using convection settings to cook your foods you can reduce cooking times by up to 30%.
How to Choose the Best Toaster Oven – Additional Items to Look for in a Toaster Oven
When looking how to choose the best toaster oven for your requirements there are some great additional features that will make life easier when using your toaster oven:
- A removable crumb tray – easy maintenance, this helps keep your toaster oven nice and clean with the minimum of effort
- An easy to read cooking display – make inputs easy to see and also food cooking progress easier to monitor
- Temperature conversion function – great when using foreign cook books
- A defrost button – one step easy defrosting of foods
- A function dial – for quick food cooking and processing
- A timer dial – enables custom timing for perfect cooking
- Accessories – if your toaster oven comes with a good set of accessories like baking trays, broil racks and pizza stones and pans you can get the most out of it.
6 Quick Tips on How to Save Energy with your Toaster Oven
If you already have a toaster oven start using it more often. It is a great substitute for your full size oven as long as what you are cooking will fit.
2. If you need to buy a toaster oven consider a larger model that will allow you to fit a full size pizza or an average size roast, select a model that has multiple racks and a broiling pan for cooking bacon if it fits your budget. You will get more use out of a full featured toaster oven, which means you will save more because you will use it more.
3. If you are considering a larger toaster oven get a model that is a convection oven as this will save even more energy as it cooks faster and more evenly as an added bonus.
4. Skip the preheat when you are using your toaster oven unless you are baking. Almost all other cooking does not require the oven to be preheated. You may need to add a few minutes to your cooking time but it still saves more than opening a hot oven to put your food in and letting most of the heat out.
5. Buy food that will fit in the toaster oven whenever possible as long as it suits your needs. By using the toaster oven you will not only reduce your cooking costs but will save on air conditioning costs in the summer months as the radiated heat will be a lot less.
6. I also move my toaster oven to the great outdoors when using the BBQ, this allows me to cook everything outside and heat up the house a lot less. You just need to avoid this urge if it is raining out.
You also have a lot of choices these days which is why I wrote these reviews, so you will easily be able to find one that will have all of the features you want and will still fit in your kitchen and match your decor.